Tuesday, January 21, 2014

{Easy} Chicken Cordon Bleu

I tried this recipe on a total whim. I hadn't found a Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe that looked easy or appealing. This one I found was on a crappy looking website (not the website attributed to the recipe below) that was littered with ads and threw pop ups at me when I tried to leave the site. It was like the sketch alley of the internet. I navigated my way to SuperGlue Mom's page and saved the recipe and I'm so glad I did. It's hella easy so I added the "easy" part. Cause that should probably be advertised .

Enjoy!

{Easy} Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu 
Original recipe from SuperGlue Mom
 2 cups Alfredo sauce
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup Monterrey jack cheese, grated
12 oz penne pasta
1 cup chicken breast, cooked and diced
1 cup cooked ham, diced (I used 2 cups of chicken instead of an additional cup of ham)
6 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled 
1 Tablespoon Zatarain's Big and Zesty Original Creole Seasoning
OR
you can make your own seasoning by combining:
1 Tablespoon onion powder, garlic powder, dried oregano and dried sweet basil
1/2 Tablespoon dried thyme, black pepper, white pepper, cayenne pepper and celery seed
3 Tablespoons sweet paprika

Cook pasta; drain.

Combine pasta, bacon, alfredo sauce, chicken, ham and seasoning. (I left out the cayenne pepper for the kids' sake but I recommend adding it when it's done!)

Pour pasta in a 9"x13" baking dish. Top with Parmesan and Monterrey cheese.

Set your oven to broil and set the dish on the middle baking rack. Broil for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment