Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pinteresting: Tea Dyeing Onesies

I had a lot of white onesies I wasn't sure what to do with. I decided pretty quickly that I wanted to decorate some of my own (thanks to so many ideas on Pinterest) but when I saw the idea to use tea to dye white clothing, I thought the potential for the white onesies broadened.

I realize now how often Bella is not clothed.



After they dried we got to decorate them!

The onesie on the right I told Bella she could decorate however she wanted to for baby sister. She did this much and said she was done - I can appreciate the minimal...ism. :)



This is as far as we got because it was then time for bed and I spent the evening cleaning and getting things in order because, ya know, I was having a baby the next day. I almost always expereince intense creativity blocks and reached it fairly quickly with these - in this case because I had almost too much to work with. That being said though, I am looking forward to finishing these. Hopefully with the help of big sister who doesn't normally have the attention span to work too long on crafts (note onesie mentioned above :) ).

Here is the link if you're interested in trying this!
http://bnnbcrafts.blogspot.com/2011/12/tea-dyeing-tutorial.html

1 comment:

  1. This is just splendid. I think it would be nice if you guys could check out https://www.kigu.me. They have a lot of different onesies that you will surely like. Anyway, the title of your post really intrigued me. I mean, tea-dying oneises? That is something. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete