Thursday, October 10, 2013

Sloppy Joe Pasta

Sloppy Joe's are one of those things that I do not find appealing at all but if someone makes it for me and sets it down in front of me, I smile and devour it, all the while thinking, "WHY don't I make these more?" And then I sit rather ashamed at myself for enjoying it so much. 

Most of this scene is actually a pretty good reenactment of my relationship with Sloppy Joe's.

However, this recipe is basically everything you (regretfully) love about Sloppy Joe's minus the shame. 

Image borrowed from Delectable Edibles because my picture turned out really questionable.
Sloppy Joe Pasta

1 lb ground beef (I use ground turkey)
1 envelope sloppy joe mix
1 cup water
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
1 package (7 oz) small shell pasta, cooked and drained
1 cup (8 oz) cottage cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (HA! I never measure cheese)

In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
Stir in sloppy joe mix, water, tomato sauce and paste. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in the pasta.

Spoon half into greased 2 1/2 qt baking dish. 
Top with cottage cheese and remaining pasta mixture. 
Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.

Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment