Tuesday, November 26, 2013

One Pot Mexican Skillet

All I will preempt this post with is:
OMG I PUT THIS ALL IN ONE POT AND IT'S DONE AND DELICIOUS.

So, go ahead. Take my word for it and try it. I mean, look at it:
Yup. That took 30 minutes to make, folks. Oh, and it fed us for like, 3 days.
Original recipe from Damn Delicious

One Pot Mexican Skillet

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
2 cups salsa
2 cups cooked elbow pasta
1 Roma tomato, diced
1 cup corn kernels (I used a whole can)
1 cup canned black beans, rinsed (again, I used a whole can)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned, about 3- 5 minutes. Drain. 

Stir in tomato sauce and salsa until well combined. Add pasta, tomato, corn and black beans and gently toss to combine. 

Stir in cheese until melted through. 

Serve topped with avocado and cilantro. 

No comments:

Post a Comment